Nice to meet you!
I’m Saskia, a curvy yoga teacher who’s passionate about making yoga accessible to anyone, regardless of ability, size or background.
As someone who has continually experienced being the largest person in yoga classes and teacher training courses, I know how difficult it can be to step into a studio class. But believe me, yoga is not just for flexible and thin people. I strongly believe that yoga is for everyone and so I will make you feel welcome in my classes. I encourage modifying poses and the use of props to make poses work for your body, not the other way around.
I have been practicing yoga since 2007. After exploring different styles, from Ashtanga, Kundalini, Hatha, Vinyasa and Acro Yoga, I discovered Yin Yoga in 2017 and completely fell in love with it. I found yin to be the perfect complement to the active (yang) part of life. After having completed several yoga teacher training courses both in India and London, I now teach Hatha, Yin and gentle flow classes. My classes are slow and grounding and will leave you feeling balanced and calm.
I share lots of yoga and modification tips for fellow curvy yoga practitioners on my TikTok!
Timeline & Qualifications
- March 2021 – Currently taking My Vinyasa Practice 300 hour online YTT
- January 2021 – Currently taking Alexandria Crow Deconstruct to Reconstruct Training
- July 2020 – Completed Shiva Shakti Yoga 30 hour online Tantra Yoga Teacher Training
- June 2020 – Attended Donna Noble Body Positive and Accessible Workshop for Teachers
- April 2020 – Completed Isabelle Gheldolf 21 Day Kickstart to a Home Yoga Practice
- March 2020 – Completed Shoolin Yoga seven day Yoga Nidra Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India
- May 2019 – Started teaching at MoreYoga in London, UK
- April 2019 – Started teaching at TruDru Yoga in Uxbridge, UK
- January 2019 – Completed Shiva Shakti Yoga 200 hour Hatha & Ashtanga Teacher Training in Goa, India
- November 2018 – Completed Kassandra Reinhardt 30 hour online Yin Yoga Teacher Training
- March 2018 – Completed Sarah Lo 40 hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training in London, UK
- December 2017 – Anand Prakash Yoga Ashram in Rishikesh, India – Akhanda Yoga
- September 2017 – September 2018 – Joined AcroYogaDance academy in London, UK
- September 2015 – Practiced Swami Sivananda’s Rishikesh Yoga Series in Spain at the Raw Fruit Festival
- June 2015 – Attended a five day yoga retreat at Vikasa Yoga in Koh Samui, Thailand
- August 2014 – First introduction to Acro Yoga
- 2012 – Started exploring different styles of yoga, including Kundalini yoga and hot yoga
- 2007 – Practiced yoga for the first time
Let’s stay in touch!
Join my mailing list to stay up-to-date on weekly classes, courses, and more. You will also receive a mini-workshop on how to step through from downward facing dog.